Analyzing poetry sounds difficult, but it doesn’t have to be hard if students take it one piece at a time. This Poetry Analysis & Copywork unit includes:
• 18 steps to guide students through analyzing any poem
• room to write an analysis and summary of what they learned
• notebooking page to record information about the poem’s author
• the full text of the poem
• the full text of the poem as copywork to trace and to copy (blank lines are also included)
These analysis sheets do not include examples from the poem but do include room for the students to record the information they find as they study the poem.
The featured poem is “Christmas Bells” by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. 25 pages total.
Available in print or cursive copywork versions. Ages 8-13.