Save when you buy the Modern History Notebooks by the Decade: American History Bundle.
The Modern History Notebooks by the Decade: American History are designed to help high school students learn more about modern history and think critically about what they learn. Students are challenged to learn not only what happened but why it happened and what impact it had on future events. The notebooks can stand alone, be used to form the core of a modern history curriculum, or be used alongside another curriculum to provide opportunities to explore topics in-depth and add topics to the course of study.
Each unit in the series can stand alone or be used together with other units. You can get all 12 units covering 1900-2019 in a bundle here.
Each unit in the series includes:
· 40 events that happened in the decade including major events as well as lesser-known events
· Events from politics as well as science and technology
· Most units also include key decisions of the Supreme Court, sports history, and natural disasters
· A blank set of pages is included in each unit so the student can add additional events of interest if desired.
A series of questions follow each event so students can dig deeper to understand what happened, who was involved, why it happened, what impact it had on future events, and other key information. They can also record what they think about the event and if they feel it was significant. Students can use whatever research material is available to them. Room is provided for them to record their sources. Upon completion of a unit, the student may also write a short summary of their thoughts on the decade and the events they have studied.
There are many ways to use the notebooks.
· If used alone, the unit provides an excellent look at a decade of modern history. Students (or a parent or teacher) can choose how many of the 40 events the student should research, and which events will be studied.
· If using the notebook along with others in the series, five or more notebooks will provide more than enough events to cover a full year of history with one assignment per day. Using the complete set of 12 notebooks can provide more events to choose from or two years of study.