Take your writing – and knowledge of history – a step further with these writing prompts from history.
- You are in the Olympic Center in Lake Placid, New York, on February 22, 1980. Who won the game? Who lost the game? How did you feel about the result?
- You attend the swearing in of Nelson Mandela as president of South Africa in 1994. Describe what this event means for your family.
- You are part of a team of archaeologists in the jungles of Guatemala in 2000. What is your role, and what do you discover?
- You are quarantined after exposure to SARS in 2003. How did you get exposed, and what is going through your mind as you wait to see if you are infected?
- You attend the dedication of the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C., in 2004. Describe the event and which part of the memorial impacts you the most.
Enjoy these writing prompts? Sign up to receive 100 writing prompts from history FREE!