Take your writing – and knowledge of history – a step further with these writing prompts from history.
- You live in a leper colony on Molokai. One day, a stranger comes to the island. Curious to learn about this newcomer, you set out to meet him. What do you discover about Father Damien?
- You are onboard one of the first ships of immigrants to come to Ellis Island in 1892. Describe the thoughts that go through your mind, the sights, the smells, and the feelings surrounding your first hours in a new land.
- You are living in China when the Boxer Rebellion breaks out in 1900. Describe what happens and how it affects your family.
- You are living in Australia on the eve of independence. In what city do you live? Do you support independence? What is the mood of the people? What questions, concerns, and hopes do you have?
- Your family has just purchased one of the first Model T cars ever produced. Where do you go, and what is the trip like?
Enjoy these writing prompts? Sign up to receive 100 writing prompts from history FREE!