Take your writing – and knowledge of history – a step further with these writing prompts from history.
- You are a steelworker building the Empire State Building in New York City, New York. Describe a day on the job.
- You are living in Oklahoma in 1935. Describe the dust storms that you face and share what your family does in response.
- You are a member of Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s church in 1935. Share the events of one day when you help Jews escape from Nazi Germany.
- You are present in 1940 when the first successful helicopter flight in the United States is made. Write a news account of the event.
- Your mom gives you a new type of cereal for breakfast—small circles made from oats. Do you like it? What is different about it? Do you think such a thing will ever catch on?
Enjoy these writing prompts? Sign up to receive 100 writing prompts from history FREE!